A superb opportunity has opened for an experienced and highly professional Quantity Surveyor to work with one of our valued clients.
The construction sectors across which this role will cover include Highways, Earthworks, Infrastructure, Structures, River and Sea Defence.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Preparing plans, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation.
- Administration of NEC3 Contracts (Experience of CEMAR Advantageous).
- On-site measurement and measurement of drawings and Take-Off as required
- Identifying potential risks and evaluate options for control
- On-going cost analysis and control and construction work
- Feasibility studies of client requests
- Review and assessment Sub-Contractors tender submissions
- Preparation and assessment of variation accounts
- Preparation and assessment of interim valuations and final accounts
- Preparation of relevant certification for contract payments to supply chain
- Compiling evidence for resolution of disputes
- Ensure compliance with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedure
- Drive compliance with quality, safety and environmental objectives
Are you the person we are looking for?
This role would suit a highly ambitious individual with great communication skills, who is highly professional and confident with a flexible approach.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate extensive experience in the areas outlined above and innovative approaches to problem solving and the ability to negotiate across the various levels of construction.
In addition, they must be able to demonstrate the ability to handle the financial and mathematical demands of the role by possessing outstanding numeracy and IT skills.
The ideal candidate must have extensive experience working as a QS in a similar role.
For further information or to apply please contact [email protected] or call 0115 9336131.